Listening to Dutch Bro's

I chose to do this assignment on the brand Dutch Bro's only because I grabbed a quick mocha this morning at the nearest Dutch Bro's to me.  I'm not a big hot drink fan to start my day, but anytime I desire a quick drink.  I seem to end up at Dutch Bro's.  Then it got me thinking of why I and many others choose Dutch Bro's over all the other Coffee companies like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc.  Only this assignment will give me the motivation to answer the questions I desire.

Dutch Bro's is known for its gen-z employees combined with speedy service, a wide range of coffee/energy drinks, and every interaction being a celebration for just being in the drive-through.

Dutch Bro's is very popular on the West Coast as it hasn't quite reached the East coast yet.  On Facebook, the reviews that were given to the company averaged out to a 4.8 star.  An excellent rating with most complaints is how long the waiting lines are at certain coffee stands.  Melanie           Forsythe-Loding posts on their page saying "Been in the drive thru for an hour now."



Olga M Solis recommends Dutch Bro's by saying "Always very friendly and in taking your order, ice coffee is the best."  This is exactly the image they strive for as a company.  They also have drinks for everyone it seems as Pete Madera says "I do keto and they all their drinks are available in sugar free."  Coffee and energy drinks can be very sugary.  Dutch Bro's made sure to wipe sugar out of the equation for those who are trying to avoid it.  

As I scrolled through their Facebook page, it seemed that I kept getting the same message over and over when they were marketing a new drink or biscuit.  It was good vibes, positivity, and love that were being given out to their customers along with this drink.  You get the emotional connection because of so much positivity being sprung from them.  Dutch Bro's is also extremely active on all social media platforms.  

The company often responded to most comments with emojis unless a question is asked.  The comments are most of the time are very sarcastic.  

I wouldn't change their responses one bit.  They have the image of good vibes all in a drink.  Now they're living it.  Also, it's not hard to respond with emojis which makes it a little more difficult to be criticized in an environment of positivity.

While West coast natives are generally very familiar with Dutch Bro's, I am worried about their recognition nationwide.  They seem to be growing SouthEast from where they started in Medford, Oregon, but I would like to see them plant a seed on the East coast.  If I were their brand manager, I would ask the customers more questions on social media.  With such a strong social media presence, This could be an easy way to have an even better connection/understanding to its own customers.

To wrap this up, I started this assignment with a mission on why I chose to go to Dutch Bro's for coffee this morning. 

Good Vibes.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction